[xsl] centralised alphabetical order for distributed content

Subject: [xsl] centralised alphabetical order for distributed content
From: "james walker" <jameswalkerandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:59:52 +0000

Hello,
I have 30 xml files with the same structure:

<root>
<link>
<category></category>
</title></title>
<url></url>
</link>

<link>
<category></category>
</title></title>
<url></url>
</link>
</root>

Each file may have anything from 1 link to 40. I am trying to create an alphabetical listing of all links on one web page using the 30 different xml files. I understand that it would be very easy to do it in one xml file but for some reason the end user wants to distribute ownership across 30 people!!

At the moment i am using a key to group each link into groups according to the first letter of the title, this would give an alphabetic order if u sorted the groups of keys according to their value.

However, i can only create a key for one file. Is it possible to create one key for all 30 files? Or would it be easier to somehow gather all info from 30 files and then create a key from that?

my current key statement looks like this:

<xsl:key name="cat-by-firstocc" match="link" use="substring(title,1,1)" />

cheers
james

Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband