RE: [xsl] FO Processor choice

Subject: RE: [xsl] FO Processor choice
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:08:01 -0000

Just to finish the thread Ive decided to drop using FO all together.

Currently I output xhtml, and I need some boilerplate text on my printed
output.  I thought about using FOP to get pdf, but this would mean
maintaining two stylesheets - so bug fixes / extra functionality would
need to be done twice, but possible.  The real nail in the coffin was
that FOP wasn't quite up to the job and a commercial processor would be
needed.

So now Im going to use IE's print ability with 'Print Templates' and an
active x control.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/hos
ting/printpreview/reference/reference.asp)  At first inspection they
seem a really useful way to add functionality to your printed output (so
one stylesheet + print templates and IE's print function means no need
for FOP :)

...providing you can run trusted code of course.  If anyone has an
experiences of using print templates and wants to share please mail me
off list.

thanks
andrew