Re: [xsl] Re: Cross-browser API

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Cross-browser API
From: Manos Batsis <mbatsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:35:49 +0200

Michael Kay wrote:

Thanks for this, everyone. I've downloaded Sarissa.

Is there a worked example anywhere? The documentation stops at the point
where you want to display the transformation result on the HTML page.
I've worked out how to do this under IE, but not under Netscape.

I'll put up a clearer example on line.

I had some trouble passing stylesheet parameters, but I think I've fixed
that. It seems the parameter must be defined in the top-most stylesheet
module, not in an imported module. Looking at the code, it seems it
actually modifies the value within the stylesheet DOM!

True. AFAIK one can only use parameters in a cached stylesheet in IE. I haven't included cached stylesheet support in sarissa so i used DOM directly for this.

In some future version sarissa will use the native browser APIs to set parameters for cashed stylesheets.

Cheers,

Manos