[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date]

Re: [xsl] how to embed this complicated set of characters into the result file via an XSL


Subject: Re: [xsl] how to embed this complicated set of characters into the result file via an XSL
From: "George Cristian Bina" <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:03:13 +0200

The "wired" content is inside comments, so you can just use <xsl:comment>
around it and either escape the content or put it in a CDATA section.

<xsl:comment>[if gte mso 9]&gt;
&lt;xml&gt;
 &lt;o:DocumentProperties&gt;
  &lt;o:Author&gt;word&lt;/o:Author&gt;
  &lt;o:LastAuthor&gt;word&lt;/o:LastAuthor&gt;
  &lt;o:Revision&gt;0&lt;/o:Revision&gt;
  &lt;o:Created&gt;2000-01-01T02:59:00Z&lt;/o:Created&gt;
  &lt;o:LastSaved&gt;2000-01-01T02:59:00Z&lt;/o:LastSaved&gt;
  &lt;o:Company&gt;HP&lt;/o:Company&gt;
 &lt;/o:DocumentProperties&gt;
&lt;/xml&gt;
&lt;![endif]</xsl:comment>

<xsl:comment><![CDATA[[if gte mso 9]>
<xml>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:TrackRevisions/>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml>
<![endif]]]></xsl:comment>


result is:

     <!--[if gte mso 9]>
<xml>
 <o:DocumentProperties>
  <o:Author>word</o:Author>
  <o:LastAuthor>word</o:LastAuthor>
  <o:Revision>0</o:Revision>
  <o:Created>2000-01-01T02:59:00Z</o:Created>
  <o:LastSaved>2000-01-01T02:59:00Z</o:LastSaved>
  <o:Company>HP</o:Company>
 </o:DocumentProperties>
</xml>
<![endif]-->
      <!--[if gte mso 9]>
<xml>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:TrackRevisions/>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml>
<![endif]-->

Best Regards,
 George
-------------------------------------------------------
George Cristian Bina mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<oXygen/> XML Editor - http://www.oxygenxml.com/


----- Original Message -----
From: "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx>
To: <XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 7:13 AM
Subject: [xsl] how to embed this complicated set of characters into the
result file via an XSL


> I am attempting to embed the following TEXT into the HEAD of my resultant
HTML document that I am renaming to .DOC so that when word opens it TRACKING
is enabled. (I found that this markup allows you to create HTML-DOC files
that automatically enable and allow tracking).
>
> This text must be put in the MAINHEAD.XSL file that I use for generating
the HEAD of my resultant HTML document.
>
> The problem is that it has such a weird set of characters that my
attempted methods (tried and failed, as explained below) are not working.
>
>
> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
> xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
> xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
> xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word">
>
> <head>
>
>  ************ TEXT NEEDED INSIDE THE HEAD: *************************
>
> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"/>
> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"/>
> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"/>
> <title>Untitled Document</title>
>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]>
> <xml>
>  <o:DocumentProperties>
>   <o:Author>word</o:Author>
>   <o:LastAuthor>word</o:LastAuthor>
>   <o:Revision>0</o:Revision>
>   <o:Created>2000-01-01T02:59:00Z</o:Created>
>   <o:LastSaved>2000-01-01T02:59:00Z</o:LastSaved>
>   <o:Company>HP</o:Company>
>  </o:DocumentProperties>
> </xml>
> <![endif]-->
>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]>
> <xml>
>  <w:WordDocument>
>   <w:TrackRevisions/>
>  </w:WordDocument>
> </xml>
> <![endif]-->
> -->
>
> ********************************************************************
>
> </HEAD>
>
> METHODS I HAVE TRIED AND FAILED:
>
> METHOD 1:
>
> Using a CDATA section:
>
> <![CDATA[
>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]>
> <xml>
>  <o:DocumentProperties>
>   <o:Author>Luau Document Builder - Rendering Engine -
asanwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</o:Author>
>   <o:LastAuthor>Luau Document Builder</o:LastAuthor>
>   <o:Revision>0</o:Revision>
>   <o:Created>2000-01-01T02:59:00Z</o:Created>
>   <o:LastSaved>2000-01-01T02:59:00Z</o:LastSaved>
>   <o:Company>MW2 Conulting</o:Company>
>  </o:DocumentProperties>
> </xml>
> <![endif]-->
>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]>
> <xml>
>  <w:WordDocument>
>   <w:TrackRevisions/>
>  </w:WordDocument>
> </xml>
> <![endif]-->
>
> ]]>
>
>
> METHOD 2:
>
> Using an external file where the given text is put with and without CDATA
sections.
>
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
> <!ENTITY mswordmarkup SYSTEM "mswordmarkup.dat">
> ]>
>
> I can never get the required output. The text does not get included or it
gets loaded with &lt; & &gt; stuff.
>
> BTW - These are the XSL settings I have for the output etc.
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
> <xsl:output method="html" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
>
>
> Please suggest a way to get this done so that I can have in included into
my resulting HTML when I execute the XSLs.
>
> (If you might be suggesting a break up of the given TEXT to allow
inclusion please SHOW me how I should break it up to have it included AS IT
IS NEEDED in the HTML)
>
> Thanks,
> _____________________________________________________
>
> Abhishek Sanwal
> HP - Houston Campus
>
>
>
>
>  XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
>


 XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list



Current Thread
Keywords