[xsl] White space

Subject: [xsl] White space
From: "Mark Williams" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:51:01 -0000

Hi,

We're having a white space problem.  When we render to PDF/Printer, all
white space is removed between variables and all blank lines in the document
(<fo:block font-family="Helvetica" font-size="12pt"
white-space-collapse="false" space-after="0.05pt" />) are also removed.
The template which is causing the difficulties makes use of XSLT sets out
the namespaces for XSL and xsl-fo as follows:

version="1.0" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
<xsl:template match="Root">

If we change the template so that it no longer references XSL Transform to
the following:

(obviously remove any XSLT instructions), the resulting PDF is fine and all
white space is where it should be.

I've had a look at the XSL spec and the only thing that I could find that
might affect white space was "preserve-space".   This had no impact when
added to the XSLT template.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks in advance

Mark Williams