RE: [xsl] Re: JSR 206 (JAXP 1.3) Public Draft

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: JSR 206 (JAXP 1.3) Public Draft
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:56:55 -0000

> I think the spec should clearly define the behavior of setURIResolver
> for both interfaces. IMHO it should work like this:
>
> - if a resolver is set on the factory it is used for
> xsl:import/include
> - if a resolver is *not* set on the factory the base URI of
> the XSL is
> used to resolve the import/include'd XSL relative to the base URI
> - if a resolver is set on the transformer it is used for document()
> - if a resolver is *not* set on the transformer the base URI
> of the XSL
> is used to resolve a relative XML

The other thing that the old spec didn't make clear (I haven't checked
the revision) is whether the transformer uses the URIResolver that was
set in the TransformerFactory at the time the Templates is created, or
the one that is set at the time the Transformer is created.

It's probably rather late in the day to be fixing this for XSLT 1.0, and
JAXP needs more work done on it for XSLT 2.0...

Michael Kay