[xsl] Converting TabLibs into XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Converting TabLibs into XSLT
From: "alessandro.dibella" <alessandro.dibella@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:34:57 +0100

Hi,

I've been asked to convert an a bunch of existing JSPs into XSLT templates. It all looked easy until I realized that custom tag libs are not that straight forward to convert. My problem is that with JSP tags it's possible to do stuff like:

<foo:myframe>
	<foo:myheader title="test title"/>
</foo:myframe>

The tag <foo:myframe> will elaborate the content within, in this case <foo:myheader> and <table>, and it will produce a result.

Using XSLT the same mechanism is not possible, having a template that reproduce the functionality of <foo:myframe>:

    <xsl:template name="myframe">
	 	  <xsl:param name="title"/>
            <head>
                <title>
                    <xsl:value-of select="$title"/>
                </title>
            </head>
						<!-- content -->
    </xsl:template>

I cannot find a way to do:

        <xsl:call-template name="myframe">
            <xsl:with-param name="title">Test</xsl:with-param>
        </xsl:call-template>

to populate the "<!-- content -->" part.

Do I necessarely need to pass the content as a parameter like:

        <xsl:variable name="content">
        </xsl:variable>

and

        <xsl:call-template name="myframe">
            <xsl:with-param name="title">Test</xsl:with-param>
            <xsl:with-param name="content" select="$content"/>
        </xsl:call-template>

?

Thanks

Alessandro