Re: [xsl] Removing Duplicates & Formatting

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing Duplicates & Formatting
From: JCS <subscriber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:00:51 +1300

On 11/12/03 1:32 AM, "David Carlisle" <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wrote:
>> You wouldn't need to remove duplicates if you didn't have duplicates to
>> start with.
> which is of course true, but....
>
>> In this case that means not selecting a child if it's got a
>> younger sibling with the same name,
>
> I lied. Cousins with the same name could also produce duplicates.
> Still someone else (or you:-) could fill in the details...

Hi David,

I see... I can understand that in a query that if I just don't select what I
don't need then all will be a-okay.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the relationships are going to be in the
file... I've tried your example with many variations and yet no results. I'm
wondering if I should somehow be using keys, but how can I specify a key if
I don't know what the element names are? The only thing I'm sure of is that
I'm selecting the element nodes that don't contain child element nodes.

If anybody wants to step in here, please feel free. I'm not sure how to
approach this in XSL, with or without keys.

/johnny :)

--
"There is nothing noble in being superior to another.  True nobility
 arises from being superior to one's past self."