RE: [xsl] variable matching...

Subject: RE: [xsl] variable matching...
From: James Cummings <James.Cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:29:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > <xsl:template match="$stage">
>
>   <xsl:template mathc="*[name() = $stage]">

I hadn't thought of that.  If that works, then that is
the way I'll try.

What if I have a document where the stage directions are
given in two different ways and I want to match both...
can I do:
<xsl:variable name="stage">sd|stagedir</xsl:variable>

Or does that mean that <xsl:template match="*[name() = $stage]">
will just look for an element named "sd|stagedir"?

> Have you got an WXS for the different vocabularies? Do you substitution groups?

Nope, for the most part each one is individualistic.

> Can you use the ancestors to make the matches unumbiquous?
>   <xsl:template match="scene/sd | scn/stagedir">

Probably, but this would have so many different possibilities that
it wouldn't be worth it.  i.e. I'd have to change it for each file
(perhaps).

Thanks for the suggestions Jarno,

-James

---