Re: [xsl] Performance tuning in msxsl/msxml

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance tuning in msxsl/msxml
From: Mike Rawlins <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:31:41 -0600

Dipesh,

If you're using the msxsl command line processor, then there's no way to keep a document in memory since you're running down and starting up the program for each separate transformation. I don't know of any way to tune either msxsl or the MSXML that it relies upon other than using general Windows performance tuning techniques. However, you might want to post a question about MSXSML tuning to the Microsoft MSXML newsgroup.

I think your best route, if think that you need to do these successive transformations, is not to use msxsl at all but instead to write your own program that would keep the source and transformed result documents as DOM document objects in memory, then write them out to disk when all of the transformations are complete. To learn how to do this you might look at the msxsl source code and the transformNodeToObject method.

Mike