From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:50:17 GMT

  I have the following line in my xslt file:

  <xsl:sort select="MIB[@name=&quot;{$sortby}&quot;]"  order="{$sortorder}" />

 The syntax { ...} is _never_ valid in an XPath expression (the only
 time { or } can appear in an expression is as part of a string, where
 they are just normal characters with no special meaning.

You are testing if the name attribute is equal to the literal string
"{$sortby}".

You want

select="MIB[@name=$sortby]"

to test if the name attribute has value equal to the param sortby.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew