Re: [xsl] Formatting white space with xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] Formatting white space with xslt
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:05:09 GMT

> When I try and access the data in the value attribute with value-of select all
> white space is stripped and all lines are shown on a single line.

No the ends of lines have gone before that, an XML parser is required to
normmalise ends of lines in attributes to spaces, so they have already
gone before xslt (or any xml application) starts.

If you want to have a line end in an attribute you need to encode it as
& # 1 0 ;

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew