RE: [xsl] Flow data in table

Subject: RE: [xsl] Flow data in table
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:37:30 +0100

Re-reading your reply, I don't quite get this... Why would it need to sit
within the primary template? All templates being called from inside this
template automatically 'stay' within the html root node constructed by it.

If by 'template-instructions' you mean 'xsl:apply-templates' or
'xsl:call-template', then you can nest all you want. As long as there is a
template defined somewhere in a 'reachable' spot matching the selected
node's name or any of its children, there should be no problems.
('reachable' referring to the current stylesheet or any included or imported
ones )

The separate xsl:templates, however, can only appear as children of an
xsl:stylesheet. Of course, you could do away with the 'nested' templates
altogether, go for a single root template and use a nested <xsl:for-each
...>.

Hope this helps!

Cheerz,

Andreas