RE: [xsl]   doesn't work for some browsers

Subject: RE: [xsl]   doesn't work for some browsers
From: "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:51:33 -0600

I had a similar problem it would show up as an accented 'A' when going through some parsers.

If you have not already figured out a solution I realized it was because my transform inputs were XML (UTF8) and XSL (UTF8), which would work with XML Spy but when I would send it through my .NET code for XSL Transform it would come out as HTML (UTF-16).

So I locked it down to ensure that the output was also UTF-8. Poof :) Worked.

You can do this 2 ways:
1. By adding this attribute to ensure UTF-8 <xsl:output encoding="UTF-8">
2. By adding encoding inside the code used to invoke the sheets (.NET in my case).

System.Text.Encoding.UTF8
Or
System.Text.UTF8Encoding

Hope that helps.