[xsl] thanks: (to XSL-List) - success in releasing alpha 1 of our proof of concept PDF & HTML document synthesis / publishing system

Subject: [xsl] thanks: (to XSL-List) - success in releasing alpha 1 of our proof of concept PDF & HTML document synthesis / publishing system
From: "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 21:21:09 -0600

I would like to thank all the people who helped me out in figuring out
and working around the nuances of XSL, XSL-FO and a few more things.

I started off on this project with very basic and elementary knowledge
of XSL with nothing but a drive, and a gut feel about my ability to
learn new technologies, and slowly have gotten to a point where my posts
to XSL-list have become more infrequent and hehe.. less elementary.

At this moment I have a very well developed rendering engine that is
able to generate documents from "huge" XMLs. The best part about it was
designing the architecture of the XSL files and the modular templates in
such a way that the parameterization and customized templates allow very
flexible options in being able to rendering a given XML document in a
large number of ways in terms of physical layout.

Of course I cannot post that code hehe... , but interesting bits and
pieces of my experiments with truth and XSL can be observed in the
threads I have initiated.

But, I cannot thank enough some of the people on this list. This is the
number 1 resource for XSL issues in the world.

I am not mentioning any names here, but all of you who did take the time
to help me out over the last few months do know in essence.

I am of course thinking of writing an article, tutorial and/or a
white-paper / case study on this experience as I have used a number of
those to learn myself. (XML Conference 2002). I hope that can be of help
to someone and will satisfy my appetite to write a paper since my last
one at Grad School.
(esp. Developing Enterprise Stylesheets was a primary reference)

I would appreciate any suggestions / input on what would be a good place
to which I should send the paper / article.

Once again, thank you all.

Regards,

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus