RE: [xsl] importing stylesheets from remote host

Subject: RE: [xsl] importing stylesheets from remote host
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:59:55 +0100

> the default behaviour is to look for the imported
> stylesheets on the host where the transformation
> happens (in my case this would be host A).

If you use relative URIs, the behavior is to resolve them relative to
the importing stylesheet. If you use absolute URIs of the form
http://xxx, the default behavior is to fetch them over the network. If
you use absolute URIs of the form file://, then the system is probably
going to look for them on the machine where the processor is executing.

In all these cases you can override the behavior by writing your own
URIResolver.

Michael Kay