RE: [xsl] XMLFilter in a URIResolver

Subject: RE: [xsl] XMLFilter in a URIResolver
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:38:36 +0100

When you supply a SAXSource to Saxon, Saxon sets the properties of the
XMLReader supplied with the SAXSource to make sure that it is reporting
namespaces in the way that Saxon requires. Specifically it does:

     	parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces",
true);

parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespace-prefixes",
false);

A SAX2 parser is expected to recognize these properties; if it responds
to these requests with an exception, Saxon complains with the error
message that you saw.

Your XMLFilter is pretending to be a SAX2 parser, so it must support
these methods properly.

Michael Kay