[xsl] Re: How to modify img and href in an xhtml document

Subject: [xsl] Re: How to modify img and href in an xhtml document
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:44:45 +0200

Use the identity transformation (your second solution) and override it with
the templates you have for specific elements -- e.g. img and a. This means
to place your specific templates after the identity template.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Terje Christensen" <terchris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a xml structure. Within that structure there is an html document
(/page/document/html/body)
I want to change the img and href tags inside  /page/document/html/body in
order to make the links work properly. I also need to remove a header and
footer from the html document.
The XML input file looks like this:
   . . . Some tables that must be deleted . . .
. . .  this is the html document . . .
   . . . Some tables that must be deleted . . .

I have written templates: for img and a tags. They are similar so I just put
the img template here:

<xsl:template match="img">
<xsl:copy>
  <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
  <xsl:attribute name="src">
    <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="starts-with(@src,'./')"> <!-- if 'src' attribute has
relative value -->
         <xsl:value-of
select="concat(/page/@dataRelRoot,/page/currentItem/@itemFullPath,substring(
@src,2))"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="starts-with(@src,'http://')"> <!-- if 'src' attribute
has absolute value -->
        <xsl:value-of select="@src"/>
     </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:value-of
select="concat(/page/@dataRelRoot,/page/currentItem/@itemFullPath,'/',@src)"
/>
   </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

The img template works, and replaces the src attribute.

I have written a template for the div tag. I'm just printing a text when top
and footer div tags are processed.

<xsl:template match="div">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="@class = 'theDocumentHeaderNavBars' or @class =
'theDocumentFooterNavBars' ">drop the Top or Bottom headers
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
<!--  <xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*|processing-instruction()"/> -->
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

But, how to start the transformation?

I have tried to start the transformation, but I do not get the result I
want.

<!-- this creates rubbish - just copies the text no tags for tables and so
on
<xsl:template match="/page/document/html/body">
   <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
         <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
-->

<!-- This works, but it process the whole xml input file. And is it fast
enough?
<xsl:template match="*">
<xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
-->

I hope that you can help me with a basic xslt question.
Thanks
Terje Chr.