AW: [xsl] XPATH restricting preceding nodes

Subject: AW: [xsl] XPATH restricting preceding nodes
From: "Kloeck, Erwin" <Erwin.Kloeck@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:20:28 +0200

Hi,

I made this XML document too simple in the last post. Entries are not siblings!
The XML document should rather something like this:

<top>
	<page>
		<paragraph>
			<entry text='aaa'/>
		</paragraph>
		<paragraph>
			<entry text='bbb'/>
		</paragraph>
		<paragraph>
			<entry text='aaa'/>
		</paragraph>
	</page>
	<page>
		<paragraph>
			<entry text='ccc'/>
		</paragraph>
		<paragraph>
			<entry text='bbb'/>   ***
		</paragraph>
		<paragraph>
			<entry text='ccc'/>
		</paragraph>
	</page>
</top>

I only want to select entries with the same text once for each page.
For the first page I want to get only one aaa-entry and one bbb-entry.
For the second page I want to get only one ccc-entry and ond bbb-entry.

I did this with the following XPATH expression :
	<xsl:for-each select="ancestor::page/descendant::entry[not(@text = preceding::entry/@text)]">

but then I don't get the bbb-entry for the second page.
I cannot figure out a way to restrict the preceding::entry result set to the current page.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Erwin Kloeck