RE: [xsl] storing xsl in database?

Subject: RE: [xsl] storing xsl in database?
From: Rod Humphris - FLPTN <rod.humphris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:28:00 +0100

Hi Insoo

My tuppence worth:

If you store your xslt in a database you will almost certainly have to put
them in a  LongString/BLOB type field; a field the size allocation of which
is not known in advance. It has been my experience that using these types of
fields is likely to significantly slow down the operations of the database.
Personally I try to avoid them where speed is an issue, which I guess it
would be with what you suggest.

Databases all too easily become bottlenecks, storing them in a database is
fine but I would serve them from an in-memory cache myself.

Cheers

Rod