[xsl] Problem with Parameter binding with String

Subject: [xsl] Problem with Parameter binding with String
From: Dongling Ding <dling61@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:40:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying again here. Hope someone can help me on
this.

I have a test.xml and a name list in another xml file
called lookup.xml. I open the test.xml and also look
at the lookup.xml to see if there is any element
missing in the test.xml. If exists, I can just copy
the element into the result tree; if not, i can create
that one.

A template can do this job like:

<xsl:call-template name="replacement">
<xsl:with-param name="pName" select="'XX'"/>
<xsl:with-param name="defaultValue" select="'+'"/>
</xsl:call-template>

<xsl:template name="replacement">
	<xsl:param name="pName"/>
	<xsl:param name="defaultValue"/>
	<xsl:choose>
	  <xsl:when test="*[name(.) = $pName]">
<xsl:copy-of select="?????"/>
	  </xsl:when>
	  <xsl:otherwise>
		<xsl:element name="{$pName}">
		<xsl:value-of select="$defaultValue"/>
		</xsl:element>
	  </xsl:otherwise>
	</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

test.xml:

<Member>
  <XX>1</XX>
</Member>

I have to call the template replacement and pass the
pName as string since that is the thing I got from
lookup.xml. But in the template I just can NOT copy
that XX element and value because the pName is a
string. Is this the same problem like converting a
string into node-set? Or is there any workaround for
this.

Thanks

Dongling