RE: [xsl] global variable and position() once more

Subject: RE: [xsl] global variable and position() once more
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:54:55 +0100

 <xsl:apply-templates select="text()[position()>$descPos]"/>

That won't work, it's only selecting text nodes that are children of the
html element, and they are all white space.

Anyway, $descPos isn't a position, it's a text node.

If $descPos2 were defined as

<xsl:variable name="descPos2"
select="count($descPos/preceding::text()+1)"/>

then you could select all text nodes that follow it using:

select="(//text)[position() > $descPos2]

but you can do that much more easily as:

  <xsl:apply-templates select="$descPos/following::text()"/>

However, I suspect you don't only want to process the text nodes, you
also want to process their containing elements.

Trouble is, I'm not really sure what you DO want to do.

Michael Kay