RE: [xsl] storing xsl in database?

Subject: RE: [xsl] storing xsl in database?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:23:30 +0100

>  Hi -
>  Some of my colleagues are considering putting in all xsl
> stylesheet into database rather than a flat file.  They want
> to read in a correct stylesheet on the fly and feed it into
> transformer engine as a string.  I think it is a bad idea,
> but can not come up with a good reason.  Any of you tried to
> put xsl stylesheets in the database? any reason we should or
> should not do it?  Thanks

Many Tamino users keep stylesheets, schemas, and other similar stuff in
the database. If you've got an XML database, you might as well make the
most of it.

In ICL we kept the whole source code of the operating system in a
database, together with all the bug reports, patches, enhancement
requests, and change history.

Why do you think keeping things in databases is a bad idea?

Michael Kay