Re: [xsl] storing xsl in database?

Subject: Re: [xsl] storing xsl in database?
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:11:31 +0200

Lee, Insoo wrote:
 Some of my colleagues are considering putting in all xsl stylesheet into
database rather than a flat file.
 They want to read in a correct stylesheet on the fly and feed it into
transformer engine as a string.
 I think it is a bad idea, but can not come up with a good reason.

The question is: why should it be a good idea?

A file system is usually a good database in itself, mapping
keys (filenames) onto strings (file content). Do you have to
manage a lot of style sheets, which would warrant to have
additional metadata attached to them and used for retrival?

Also, any application dealing with nontrivial numbers of
transformations would cache the compiled style sheet anyway.

J.Pietschmann