Re: [xsl] storing xsl in database?

Subject: Re: [xsl] storing xsl in database?
From: fe.sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:01:11 -0400

Hi, the main drawback I see on storing all your xsl files on a database is that you
would need a specific application to retrieve the data inside the stylesheets (by
querying the database, converting the query result into flat files etc)and being able to
edit your files. For instance, you could store your xsl files info into text fields in
an SQL Server table and have the advantage of the backup system, but you would have to
work on the retrieving of the data, by querying the database and managing the results to
be able to work/edit the stylesheet in, for example, XMLSpy.
I would suggest for better version control of the stylesheets to use tools like Visual
Source Safe and keeping the info in flat files.
hth,
lizet