[xsl] Re: Re: What would be the best way to create modular stylesheets that can be called like functions with certain variables to change certain things when they are applied at runtime

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: What would be the best way to create modular stylesheets that can be called like functions with certain variables to change certain things when they are applied at runtime
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:45:41 +0200

"SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:24B68DDCFD49004882CD8D02D2E4338AFFBFBC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Dimitre,
>
> Thanks. But this is not what I needed. I am wondering if there is a good
> way to "write" your "own"(specifically applicable to my project) library

The way FXSL was written is a "good" way. Its template are very generic and
are "applicable" to any project (including your project).

> of "normal" XSLs. (not a custom project)

I don't know what your definition of "normal" is.  If it is not to use
extensions but 100% pure XSLT, then FXSL is extremely normal. FXSL for XSLT
1.0 uses only the exslt:node-set() extension function. FXSL for XSLT 2.0
doesn't use any extension function.

As you were hinting in your original posting about reusability, I dare say
that FXSL today is the XSLT library offering the greatest degree of
reusability of its templates, because in their majority they implement
higher-order functions.

Due to the same reason I thought that FXSL and its underlying principles are
the perfect answer to your question.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.