Re: [xsl] xmllint -format, xsltproc and CDATA section

Subject: Re: [xsl] xmllint -format, xsltproc and CDATA section
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:24:16 +0200

  Right, still I could accept this as a bug report (though not
in the right place), adding the newlines around the CDATA section
ain't particulary smart ...
  Taro Ikai, if you want this to be fixed, log this in libxml2
bugs on GNOME bugzilla, see http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html for details.
Note that running xmllint without parameters points to that page for
bug reports or help.

Daniel

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 09:17:37AM +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
> I don't understand. Why are you using a program (xmllint) that adds
> whitespace to your XML if you don't want whitespace added to your XML?
>
> Michael Kay

  yes that should not be done.

> > xsltproc, with <xsl:output method="xml"
> > cdata-section-elements="programlisting"/>, translates this to:
> >
> >          <programlisting><![CDATA[
> > TO_DATE (:fieldname, 'format')
> >       ]]></programlisting>

  That's normal and should not be changed.

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |