Re: AW: [xsl] recursion with xsl:apply-templates

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] recursion with xsl:apply-templates
From: Volker Witzel <volker.witzel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:21:47 +0200

Sorry David, obviously I did get you wrong then.

Anyway, I have a working and (thanks to Andrew) a performing solution for my problem now, which is only slightly different from Andrews, i.e. I need the ids as element, not as attribute.

Thanks again for your support and contributions!
Volker.

My solution:

<xsl:variable name="indexToIDs">
<xsl:for-each select="/transformation/IRF//*[@index]">
<xsl:variable name="pos" select="position()"/>
<entry genid="{generate-id()}">
<xsl:copy-of select="/transformation/id_list/id[$pos]"/>
</entry>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:template match="/transformation">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
<xsl:copy>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="*[@index]">
<xsl:variable name="genid" select="generate-id()"/>
<xsl:value-of select="$genid"/>
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="xalan:nodeset($indexToIDs)/entry[@genid = $genid]/id"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="@index"/>
<xsl:template match="id_list"/>

David Carlisle wrote:

it is like David assumed:

But your posted solution didn't do what mine did.
Mine took the value of the index attribute as the id element to copy
your solution ignored the value and counted the number of elements that
had that attribute.

David