Re: Passing element nodes through string functions (WAS RE: [xsl] Preserving inline elements when using string functions)

Subject: Re: Passing element nodes through string functions (WAS RE: [xsl] Preserving inline elements when using string functions)
From: Brook Ellingwood <brook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:39:01 -0700

>> I suppose this is probably more helpful...

I should say so, since you just handed me the Holy Grail on a silver
platter.

> If there are two newlines in a single text node the posted soln doesn't
> work as it just does a single substring-before/after, you need to
> recurse to find them all, but within a single text node you just have a
> plain string with no elements in the way so you can handle that easily
> without having to worry about elements.

Looks to me like recursing should be easy, although I still haven't fully
digested everything going on in the template. Clearly I have a lot to learn
about what can be done with keys. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have much
time to work on this until next week...

Thanks David, as well as all who contributed.

-- Brook