[xsl] =?iso-8859-1?B?SG93IHRvIGFwcGx5IGJvcmRlcnMgdG8gZm86cmVnaW9uLWJvZHk/IChkb2Nib29rIHhzbCk=?=

Subject: [xsl] How to apply borders to fo:region-body? (docbook xsl)
From: "lists" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:08:24

Hello,

My setup:
docbook DTD 4.2 (doctype xml article)
docbook XSL stylesheets 1.61.3
saxon 6.5.2
fop 0.20.5

I need to create a document in which the body has a border on all four edges. The header also needs to be surrounded by a border.

I attempted to partially accomplish this by adding border attributes to a fo:region-body object within a fo:simple-page-master definition (docbook-xsl-1.61.3/fo/pagesetup.xsl). When this failed miserably I read through the W3 XSL 1.0 Specification only to find that borders (and padding) are not allowed with fo:simple-page-master and all of its sub regions (region-body, region-before, etc.).

How can one work around this limitation?

Thank you,

Michael H.