Re: [xsl] jaxp vs xalan

Subject: Re: [xsl] jaxp vs xalan
From: Neelam Checknita <nchecknita@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:52:03 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, actually now that I've gotten into the "guts"
of both JAXP, Xalan and Xerces a bit more, I can be a
little more specific.  I understand that JAXP is
simply a set of interfaces that enable one to
transform or parse using vendor-neutral code.  As far
as I know, by default JAXP uses Xalan v 2.4.1+ "under
the hood" to perform such transformations.  My
question probably shouldn't be posted here, but I'll
ask it anyways:  Is there any concrete implementation
of the org.w3c.dom.Document class available in
jdk1.4.1?  I've noticed that they (Apache/Xalan) are
moving towards a DTM (Document Table Model) which is
still a work in progress and may eventually replace
the dom model?  Or at the very least supplement it?
There are some DOM2DTM type classes that convert DOM
to the DTM model -- but this isn't what I'm looking
for.  I don't really want to work with the DTM stuff
because it's currently transient nature.

I'm looking for something for the equivalent of
Xerce's org.apache.xml.dom.DocumentImpl class?  This
class provides a number xml manipulation methods and
provides a concrete implementation of the Document
class.

Any comments?