[xsl] RE: entities and text nodes [was: no subject]

Subject: [xsl] RE: entities and text nodes [was: no subject]
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:55:18 +0100

MSXML is non-conformant in that it allows the data model to contain
several adjacent sibling text nodes. It does this in particular when the
original text contains entity references. You should therefore be very
careful about using <xsl:value-of select="text()"/> which only selects
the first child text node. Using <xsl:apply-templates select="text()"/>
would do the trick in this case.

Michael Kay