Re: [xsl] Re: EXSL's dyn:evaluate() and XALAN vs. xsl:use-attribute-sets

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: EXSL's dyn:evaluate() and XALAN vs. xsl:use-attribute-sets
From: raphead@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:41:12 +0200 (MEST)

Thanks, Michael and David,

I think I really got something wrong about qnames
--> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#qname
I thought they can be a parameter and thus I can fill them
dynamically.

AND

Now I understand that dyn:xxx is not meant to be 'executed' at
precompilation level.

BUT

This raises one question for me:

What has dyn:evaluate been intended for when it can only be used where XPath
expressions are allowed.
I think you cannot achieve more with it than with a ordinary Xpath
expression.

Thomas