Re: [xsl] Accessing ENTITY value inside the xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accessing ENTITY value inside the xsl
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:24:58 +0100

> I have an entity shown below,
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE project [
>     <!ENTITY USERINFO   SYSTEM "./userinfo.xml" >
> ]>
>
> I want to parse it at "," and print the values how can
> this be done in my xsl.

I don't know what you mean by parse at "," but xsl doesn't parse
anything directly (and can't control the parse)

Such entities are handled by teh XML parser before the xslt
transformation begins.

XSLT will not see the USERINFO  entity at all.
If the document includes a reference to the entity "& USERINFO;"
then the XML parser will replace the reference by the result of parsing
userinfo.xml and XSLT will see this included result as its input
document.
If your document does not reference USERINFO then XSLT will not see the
entity and can not access it.

David