Re: [xsl] numbering and document()

Subject: Re: [xsl] numbering and document()
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:24:13 -0400

Felix,

The cleanest way to do this (IMO) would be to separate your processing into two steps: do the merge first, then style the resulting composite document. There may be other ways, but my guess they'd be ugly and hackish.

This may appear to violate the spirit of the design, which has separated the documents very carefully; but that composite document could be very ephemeral.

There are also more and more frameworks available within which you can chain your transforms, and even clean up after yourself (or avoid writing the intermediate forms to files altogether), to make this kind of solution easier to scale.

Cheers,
Wendell