[xsl] XSLT and external calls

Subject: [xsl] XSLT and external calls
From: "Manolis Mavrikis" <M.Mavrikis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:12:37 +0100

Hi there ..

 I 've been using XSLT pretty conventionally so far and whenever I want to
do something more elaborate (I 'll explain below) I am using  (for instance)
JSPs with a parser to match the element I want etc and procude the HTML
result.

 As I am not sure what tools are out there I am looking for efficient ways
to do the following. Our XML files have certain elements that will affect
the generated HTML page by getting the results than an external system (for
instance a CAS or a Tex2MathML converter) produces. So I was wondering if
there are ways of stil having an XSLT stylesheet (maybe with a proprietary
extension element that allows me to call specific Java methods or external
tools) so as it can be reused (obviously removing these proprietary external
calls) that can be read maybe from a Java XSLT processor or something
similar ? Any comments/ideas are more than welcome

Thanks in advance,

Manolis