Re: [xsl] xslt.jd param in java (product specific)

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt.jd param in java (product specific)
From: Johannes Döbler <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:26:53 +0200

Hello Burghard,

jd.xslt does not contain any error message of the form "No xxx or element of xxx= not found!".
If the error is reported as exception then could you show the exception stack trace to provide more information?
Can you also show a stylesheet and input document which reproduce the error.

thanks,
Johannes

Hello,

I know this is product specific again, but I'm not able to
find another place where I can ask this kind of question. :-(
Q: When invoking jd.xslt Version 1.5.4 in java via TraX
I'm not able to hand over a param to the processor.

I'm using a stylesheet defining a parameter like this:

<xsl:param name="SELECTID"/>

When calling jd.xslt in java via TraX

   transformer.setParameter("SELECTID",id);
   transformer.transform(input, output);

I get the following error:

No SELECTID or element of SELECTID= not found!

Exactly the same code but using Saxon or Xalan instead of
jd.xslt would give no error.

It is the same error I get when calling jd.xslt via command
line without the parameter:

java -classpath jdxslt.jar
      jd.xml.xslt.Stylesheet -out out.xml in.xml stylesheet.xsl

while when calling it like this:

java -classpath jdxslt.jar -param SELECTID "'chapter1'"
      jd.xml.xslt.Stylesheet -out out.xml in.xml stylesheet.xsl

no error is reported and the transformation is successful.

Burghard