Re: [xsl] Re: EXSL's dyn:evaluate() and XALAN vs. xsl:use-attribute-sets

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: EXSL's dyn:evaluate() and XALAN vs. xsl:use-attribute-sets
From: raphead@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:10:20 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

> According to the XSLT 1.0 spec "The value of the use-attribute-sets
> attribute is a whitespace-separated list of names of attribute sets. Each
> name is specified as a QName ..."
>
> A QName cannot be calculated dynamically -- it must be known at compile
> time.

I'm aware of that but my understanding of the dyn:evaluate extension is,
that is let's
say 'on level above the xslt processing'. While reading the spec on
exslt.org
the following sentence confirmed this somehow:

...The string is always evaluated exactly as if it had been literally
included in place of the call to the dyn:evaluate function.

And if you're right, how can one determine for which params etc.
dyn:evaluate will work?

> Therefore, what you're trying to achieve is impossible in this way.

Do you have an ide, how to achive it? I also tried with chained templates
and parameters but
then I really stuck with the problem with qnames.

Thomas