RE: [xsl] catching URL variable in XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] catching URL variable in XSL
From: "Bruce Rojas-Rennke" <brr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:25:13 -0600

Thanks for the response, - what I'm trying to do, is:
in one xslt page, I have it outputing HTML, with some links to another xslt
page, that will also output html, both using the same xml input page.

The links are as so (example):
which comes out in the HTML as:

In other words, I am passing the ID number of a transaction, so I can click
on the amount/href, and then go to a page displaying the detail of the
transaction. - The cfm page in the href is the template that calls the xsl
processor (msxml).

The transaction ID that I'm trying to pass is the key I need to filter my
output on the 2nd page, to just show the detail for that item.

I suppose I could make a 2nd xml request/response for the detail from the
DB, but wouldn't it be cleaner and faster to simply re-use my xml page for
both pages, as it has the detail for both?

thanx,
Bruce