RE: [xsl] newbie question about strings and XPath expressions

Subject: RE: [xsl] newbie question about strings and XPath expressions
From: fe.sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:52:20 -0400

Hello Jarno, thank you, it worked fine.
I'm actually trying to extract the items of an enumeration in an xhtml file to present
them as individual item elements in the xml output. Is there a way of iterating through
this input text looking for the enumeration items? I mean, could I increment the number
in the starts-with expression somehow?
Maybe someone has come into this before.
For example, this is part of the xhtml input:
Items: <br/>
1.- The first item <br/>
2.- The second item <br/>
n.- The n item <br/>

This is how the corresponding xml output should look like;
<Items>
  <Item>1.- The first item</Item>
  <Item>2.- The second item</Item>
  <Item>n.- The n item</Item>
</Items>
I'm not asking for the whole stylesheet algorithm, but I'm new to XPath and don't know
if this kind of iteration is possible, specially because the number of items might vary
from document to document.
Thanks a lot, any clue will be a big step forward,
Lizet