[xsl] MSXML2 and encoding

Subject: [xsl] MSXML2 and encoding
From: "Teresa Rippeon" <teresa.rippeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:44:27 -0400

Whenever I tranform one XML file to another using MSXML2, I get the XML
processing instruction with an encoding value of "UTF-16" ( <?xml
version="1.0" encoding = "UTF-16">). Of course, then when the file is
launched in IE 6, I get the error that it can't switch to the specified
encoding. I really just want either no encoding specified or encoding =
"UTF-8". I've even tried specifying an encoding of "UTF-8". Any advice?

Here's the beginning of my stylesheet:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

<xsl:output indent="yes" media-type="xml" encoding="UTF-8"></xsl:output>

And here's the VB code for using MSXML2, if that helps...

      'Load the XML data
      Set source_xml = New MSXML2.DOMDocument30
      source_xml.async = False
      source_xml.Load (source_doc)
      If (source_xml.parseError.errorCode <> 0) Then
        GoTo Errorhandling
      End If

      'Load the stylesheet
      Set tranform_stylesheet = New MSXML2.DOMDocument30
      tranform_stylesheet.async = False
      tranform_stylesheet.Load (stylesheet_doc)
      If (tranform_stylesheet.parseError.errorCode <> 0) Then
        GoTo Errorhandling
      End If

      new_xml_string = source_xml.transformNode(tranform_stylesheet)

Thanks!!!

Teresa