RE: [xsl] limiting your apply-templates

Subject: RE: [xsl] limiting your apply-templates
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:54:09 +0100

I'm rather surprised by your methodology. Surely if the code works in
one environment, but stops working in another, then you need to find out
what has changed that might have caused it to break, rather than
experimenting with different ways of writing the code?

Start by finding out which XSLT processor and XML parser are being used
in the two cases. Does the XML document reference a DTD, and if so, is
the same DTD being used in both cases? Does the stylesheet accept any
parameters? Does it call the document() function?

I'm throwing out guesses here. But it's clearly a configuration or
environment problem. It might be that there's something in your
stylesheet code that isn't portable, but it's not the bit that you've
shown us.

Michael Kay