[xsl] limiting your apply-templates

Subject: [xsl] limiting your apply-templates
From: "Keller, Matt" <Keller.Matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:40:02 -0500

First of all, my XML looks like this:

<Output>
    <Contracts>
        <Contract>
            <ContractId>P12345</ContractId>
            <ContractName></ContractName>
            <SbuId></SbuId>
            <BusUnitURL></BusUnitURL>
        </Contract>
        <Contract>
            <ContractId>P12346</ContractId>
            <ContractName></ContractName>
            <SbuId></SbuId>
            <BusUnitURL></BusUnitURL>
        </Contract>
        <Contract>
            <ContractId>Q92478</ContractId>
            <ContractName></ContractName>
            <SbuId></SbuId>
            <BusUnitURL></BusUnitURL>
        </Contract>

This XML is used by an app that runs on Websphere 3.5.  Currently, I apply a template that ignores contracts that start with Q.  It looks like this:

<xsl:apply-templates mode="contractList_tab2" select="/Output/Contracts/Contract[not(substring(ContractId,1,1)='Q' or substring(ContractId,1,1)='q')]" />

However, we are in the process of upgrading to Websphere 5.0.  In that environment, my template does not appear to block the Q contracts any longer.  Is there another approach I can take in the XSL to block those contracts?

Thanks,

Matt