RE: [xsl] document() function can't follow virtual directorypath in MSXML3?

Subject: RE: [xsl] document() function can't follow virtual directorypath in MSXML3?
From: Américo Albuquerque <melinor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:32:20 +0100

Hi

(...)

> The host offers no non-critical support on weekends, so I
> thought I'd toss this idea out to the list while I wait to
> find out what the true full path
> is: Is it possible (or even advisable) to run the transform,
> but store the output as a variable in ASP and then pass it to
> the stylesheet? I'm a true newbie at server-side scripting,
> and I have yet to find an example of variable passing that I
> can get to work, but it seems to me that this should at least
> be feasible, even if it isn't practical.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. On the server you can use any
path you want, the document() should work, even if the path isn't accessible
externally. If that gives you any security problem, because the path would
be written on your xsl, you can use a global xsl:param and pass the real
path on the asp, or you can have you xsl on some path outside your website
and accessed by your asp.

Saving the output as an asp variable doesn't really give you any advantage
unless you want to pass it to a second transformation, on the other hand,
saving you xsl might have, it will save you the loading time

Regards,
Americo Albuquerque