[xsl] Client Side XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Client Side XSLT
From: "Michael Kloster" <kloster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:58:43 -0500

Hello,

I am aware that adding

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl" ?>

to an xml document will cause browsers that support XSLT (IE 6, Mozilla,
etc) to transform the xml using the specified test.xsl template.  Is it
possible to direct XSLT enabled broswers to transform XML using a specified
template without adding the above directive to the xml?  I am imagining
something like:

http://mynamesmike.com/test.xml?stylesheet=test.xsl

Or some other request parameters that the browsers are hard coded to
recognize as client side XSLT directives.  Note, I am interested in client
side processing of the XML/XSLT, not server side.

I checked the FAQs and didn't see this subject discussed.  Is anyone aware
of a something like I'm suggesting?  Browser specific solutions are fine.

thanks,
Michael Kloster