[xsl] RE: Using document() and XPath to extract data from multiple name spaces in multiple files

Subject: [xsl] RE: Using document() and XPath to extract data from multiple name spaces in multiple files
From: "SORENS,MICHAEL (HP-Boise,ex1)" <michael.sorens@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:24:34 -0400

I received two identical suggestions to solve this issue--and they fix
it--but I am still scratching the little mental block up there on the top of
my head...
.
The suggestion was to change this:

<xsl:template match="/files">
	<cc:myDoc
		xmlns:cc="stuff.com"
		xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
		. . .

To this:
<xsl:template match="/files">
	<cc:myDoc
		xmlns:cc="stuff.com"
		xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
		xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
		. . .

That is, adding an explicit namespace identifier for the xhtml namespace,
then using the "xhtml:" prefix to access the nodes. But since I already have
the xhtml namespace above as the default namespace (xmlns="..."),  why
doesn't an unadorned node name go into that namespace already?