[xsl] apache Hyphenate property issue - weird !

Subject: [xsl] apache Hyphenate property issue - weird !
From: Mark Ivs <markivs2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

This is one of those weird problems. This could be a
bug with apache hyphenate property. Please let me know
if it is a bug or I am doing something wrong.

ok here's my problem.
I have some data wrapped in a CDATA inside coldata.
You might ask why I have a number that too within
quotes inside CDATA. Don't ask me :) The data in my
case can be anything number, special characters, etc.
Here's how the xml looks...
<coldata><![CDATA[ '000000000000000'  ]]></coldata>

I am trying to display the data inside a table
cell(IMPORTANT NOTE: number is longer than the table
column width, so that the hypenation will be
triggered). Here's my xsl

<xsl:template match="coldata">
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block hyphenate="true" language="en">
<fo:inline><xsl:value-of select="text()"/></fo:inline>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</xsl:template>

In the ouput pdf, I see blank column. NO data in it.
But here's the interesting thing. When I remove the
hyphenate="true" and language="en", I see the data in
the column. Only problem here is, the data will over
shoot the column.

Another thing I tried:
<coldata><![CDATA[ abc '000000000000000'
]]></coldata>
When fop processor tries to process the above xml, I
think it goes into an infinite loop. Basically I had
to restart my app server.

I am using apache fop processor.

Thanks.
Mark