Re: [xsl] Using document() and XPath to extract data from multiple namespac es in multiple files

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using document() and XPath to extract data from multiple namespac es in multiple files
From: Armen Martirossian <armmarti@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:27:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- "SORENS,MICHAEL (HP-Boise,ex1)"
<michael.sorens@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I am attempting to use xsltproc to process try.xml
> with test.xsl. The files
> history.xml and motivation.xml are read by test.xsl.
> The issue is this:
> while I am able to extract data with explicit
> namespaces (cc:title and
> cc:version in this case), when I attempt to extract
> data from the unadorned
> "foo" element or an attribute of the unadorned
> "meta" element, I get
> nothing. Any thoughts appreciated...

The elements "foo" and "meta" are in the default
namespace, i.e. in the "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml".
Therefore, you have to declare a namespace having that
URI in the test.xsl, say, like this:

<xsl:template match="/files">
	<cc:myDoc
		xmlns:cc="stuff.com"
		xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

		xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

	<cc:indexList>

and then change the XPath expressions to extract the
values correctly:

  <display-title><xsl:value-of
select="$extNode/cc:head/xhtml:foo"/></display-title>
  <keywords><xsl:value-of
select="$extNode/cc:head/xhtml:meta[@name='keywords']/@content"/>

Armen