[xsl] Re: XML to Powerpoint

Subject: [xsl] Re: XML to Powerpoint
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:25:26 +0200

"Betty Harvey" <betty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0308131357410.9158-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I have an XML presentation that I need to convert to Powerpoint.
> Has anyone done an automatic conversion using XSLT?  Any advice
> for automatic conversion?
>
> I haven't used Powerpoint for presentations for several years.

In case the requirement to use Powerpoint is relaxed you could generate a
set of "slides" that are html -- as Kurt Cagle did once:

http://www.topxml.com/cagle/presentation.asp

See also his technique adapted for client-side presentations:

http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20000518235959

The source.xml is transformed to html using the old MS dialect of XSL
Patterns. It should be easy to do the same with xslt.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.