RE: [xsl] how to close html tags : link, meta,...

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to close html tags : link, meta,...
From: "B. Tommie Usdin" <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:28:02 -0400

At 5:06 PM +0100 8/13/03, Andrew Welch wrote:
>Although, I still think we should have the option when output="xml" to
>choose how empty elements are handled, this will do until output="xhtml"
>comes along.

You should. But you don't. And in this world of designing by the 80/20
rule, you never will. In my opinion learning to work with XML is a
process of learning when to live with close to what you want, when
to trick the system, and when to write your own code because you need
what you need (while trying to minimize the number of times you resort
to writing your own).

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx